We have exciting opportunities for pharmacists in the following areas to provide clinical input on inpatient wards in mental health and palliative care settings, becoming a vital part of the multidisciplinary team.
Manchester - Full time
Blackburn/Preston - Full time
Leatherhead - 2 days per week
Leicester - 2 days per week
Comprehensive training and support will be provided. Driving is essential for this role.
- GPhC fees paid, all resources provided, travel expenses met
- The opportunity to complete the postgraduate certificate in psychiatric therapeutics through Aston University along with other relevant training
- A company car or car allowance is provided post completion of probationary period
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated clinical pharmacist who wishes to further develop their clinical skills.
- A qualified pharmacist holding a current GPhC registration
- 1-years’ experience post-graduation
- A full UK driving license with access to vehicle for work purposes
- Evidence of robust and up to date self-directed learning / CPD
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills with peers and multidisciplinary team members
- Ability to offer sound professional advice in relation to clinical or medicines management related issues
- Mental health/Palliative care experience / ward based mental health/palliative care exposure / clinical ward experience
- Post graduate education – a post graduate clinical certificate or diploma
- Pharmacists transitioning from community will be considered in some circumstances dependent on experience and post-graduate education
Duties will include:
- Provide the role of a ward based clinical pharmacist for a diverse array of services
- Act as a point of advice and information to medical and nursing staff for all wards under your care
- Provide medication training to clinical staff on relevant clinical and medicines management topics
- Provide pharmaceutical input to clinical governance meetings
- Maintain and improve quality and patient safety
Ashtons provides outsourced pharmacy services to independent hospitals and hospices across the UK. We are progressive, forward thinking and unique in our ability to support independent healthcare providers of all sizes with a range of essential services including clinical pharmacy services, e-learning courses, training seminars and medication supplies.
If you are a qualified pharmacist who is looking for an exciting opportunity to use your skills and experience to make a difference, then we would like to hear from you.