China Medical University - Queen’s University of Belfast Joint College (CQC) was established in the People’s Republic of China (PRC) through a long-standing friendship between Queen’s School of Pharmacy and the China Medical University (CMU), one of the foremost medical universities in China. CQC is a College that has the full approval from the China Ministry of Education (MoE) and was created in accordance with the MoE ‘Cooperation in Running Schools’ (CIRS) Regulations. The first students graduated from CQC in July 2018, with many opportunities thereafter for CQC graduates to enter onto postgraduate courses at Queen’s Schools in Belfast.
The School of Pharmacy at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Lecturer (Education) to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level and contribute to China Queens College’s (CQC) administration/outreach activity.
The successful candidate will based in China for the duration of the role.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Honours Degree;
- Obtained or about to obtain a relevant PhD;
- Evidence of ability to publish;
- Teaching experience, commensurate with stage of career;
- Experience of contribution to broader management and administrative processes;
- Ability to design course materials and to plan and organise the delivery and assessment of taught courses in own specialism; and
- Ability to be based in China for the duration of the role.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
This is a fixed term post for 5 years. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Tara Brown – email@example.com