Are you a Pharmacist ready for an overseas experience in 2023?
Embark on your journey to the beautiful ‘winterless north’ of New Zealand. We have fantastic opportunities to provide you with a great work and lifestyle experience!
Gain new skills, expand your contacts, broaden your worldview and make new friends, all while gaining valuable professional experience!
Immerse yourself in the Northland’s rich culture & history. The region boasts a stunning natural environment that stretches from south-east of Mangawhai across to the Kaipara Harbour and all the way up to New Zealand's northernmost tip, Cape Rēinga.
As the northernmost and warmest of New Zealand’s 16 regions, Northland is known as the 'winterless North'. The low elevation and close proximity to the sea result in a mild, subtropical and rather windy climate. Our region is a combination of natural taonga such as golden beaches, secluded coves, breath-taking seascapes, ancient forests, and a rich tapestry of flora and fauna.
We are looking for exceptional Clinical Pharmacists to join our team here at Whangārei Hospital. With a range of part time and full time contracts, we can provide you with flexibility you are looking for!
Relocation allowance may be available for successful overseas candidates, further information can be found on the following link Make a difference somewhere different | Health New Zealand.
We are an Accredited Employer and these roles are included on the NZ Immigration Green list.
We have the following positions available:
- Clinical Pharmacy Team Leader - permanent full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Clinical Pharmacists – part time and full time positions (30-40 hours per week)
- Informatics Pharmacist – permanent, full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist – permanent, part time position (20 hours per week)
- Senior Clinical Pharmacist (Inpatient Mental Health Services) – permanent, full-time position (40 hours per week)
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
- Applicants must be eligible to hold a current Annual Practising Certificate from the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand https://pharmacycouncil.org.nz/i-want-to-practise-in-new-zealand/
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly as you will be responsible for managing your own workload
- Previous experience with working in diverse teams to achieve goals
Previous experience in a hospital pharmacy setting is beneficial, but not essential to apply.
Please follow the below link to our website for a list of our current vacancies and apply accordingly. https://www.northlanddhb.org.nz/working-with-us/current-vacancies/
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation