Queen’s University Belfast
Lecturer (Education) or Senior Lecturer (Education) – Pharmaceutical Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Science
School of Pharmacy / China Medical University – Queen’s University Belfast Joint College (CQC)
Salary: Lecturer: £41,331 - £57,141 per annum
Senior Lecturer: £58,850 - £68,194 per annum
China Medical University - Queen’s University of Belfast Joint College (CQC) was established in the People’s Republic of China (PRC) through a long-standing friendship between Queen’s School of Pharmacy and the China Medical University (CMU), one of the foremost medical universities in China. CQC is a College that has the full approval from the China Ministry of Education (MoE) and was created in accordance with the MoE ‘Cooperation in Running Schools’ (CIRS) Regulations. The first students graduated from CQC in July 2018, with many opportunities thereafter for CQC graduates to enter onto postgraduate courses at Queen’s Schools in Belfast.
The School of Pharmacy at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint two exceptional candidates as
- Lecturer (Education) in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology; and
- Lecturer (Education) in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology or Science.
The successful candidates will take significant responsibility for teaching and learning at undergraduate and postgraduate level, and contribute to CQC administration/outreach activity, as required.
The job details below are for Lecturer (Education) level. If you consider that you meet the requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application. If you are at a later stage in your career and you feel your skills and experience are more suited to a Senior Lecturer role please review the job details for this post.
The decision to appoint will be determined at interview and will be based on merit. In your cover letter please ensure that you indicate which role you are applying for.
The successful candidate for Lecturer (Education) must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate that you meet the following criteria:
• Honours degree in relevant subject (Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Science, Pharmacy, Biomedical Science, Bio-engineering, Biochemistry or related field).
• Will have or be about to obtain a PhD in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Science or closely related field.
• Evidence of ability to publish.
• Teaching experience, commensurate with stage of career.
• Have a proficient level of English.
• Ability to be based primarily in China to meet the requirements of the role.
• Bilingual English/Chinese Mandarin.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list.
Closing Date: 18/12/2023
Anticipated Interview Date: 16/01/2024
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr. Yi Ge via email@example.com
Information can be found about the School of Pharmacy at www.qub.ac.uk/schools/SchoolofPharmacy/ and China Medical University – Queen’s University Belfast Joint College (CQC) at www.qub.ac.uk/sites/cqc/
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
• Great terms & conditions
• Pension schemes
• Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
• Family-friendly initiatives
• Career development opportunities
• Support for health & mental wellbeing
• Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Further information on our attractive package can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/HumanResources/pay-reward-and-benefits/
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/sites/QueensGenderInitiative/ and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs or click to Apply.