Policy and Practice Lead (Pharmacist) - Scotland
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- 14 Mar 2023
- 31 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Specialist area
- Government and policy
Come join the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) as our Policy and Practice Lead. You will support the strategic leadership of the RPS Scotland Directorate and the RPS Scottish Pharmacy Board by leading on policy development and professional support in Scotland.
You will work as part of a high-performing team in RPS Scotland to deliver the Scottish Pharmacy Board’s business plan and RPS strategic goals. You will also support GB-wide projects by working with the RPS Practice and Policy Leads in England and Wales to deliver a successful and vibrant future for pharmacy. Your work will help provide a visible and compelling reason for pharmacists to want to be involved with the RPS through membership.
- A registered pharmacist with substantial experience at a senior level.
- Broad experience of, or knowledge of, pharmacy professional affairs and practice in Scotland.
- A member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society.
- Proven experience and ability to research issues, analyse information, develop policy options, and prepare recommendations.
- Ability to work well with, and integrate into, a close-knit team, and to work effectively with colleagues at a distance.
- Ability to network and influence.
- Ability to organise, prioritise, and plan work to meet deadlines, combined with the ability to display balanced initiative and forward planning.
- Flexibility to adapt and react appropriately to rapidly changing priorities.
- Computer literacy, including the use of Microsoft Office and video meeting platforms
- Experience in administration and professional committee work
How we are currently working
We continue to support our employees to work flexibly and from home. There is an expectation for this role to attend the Edinburgh office or flexible within Scotland and other locations as required otherwise hybrid working is possible.
🗓️ Closing date: 31 March 2023
If you would like to learn more about the role, view our careers page.
Please attach your CV and Cover Letter
We are passionate about creating a culture of belonging, inclusion, and diversity these are part of our core values at RPS and we are striving to have an organisation that represents the diversity of the profession. At RPS we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, or disability and we encourage applications from all backgrounds.